So what is the latest "in labor" fashion?

As I pack my bag while counting contractions. What do you wear while in labor at the hospital?

Do they make you wear a gown of theirs? Are you allowed to wear a bra? Do you wear your own gown? Can you just wear a t-shirt? I really don't know.

I am sure that pants and panties are not an option for obvious reasons but beyond that I am not so sure.

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 9:46 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• they have gowns there for you to wear, but you can always wear something if you are more comfy. like your own gown, or something like that. just hope you dont mind if it gets stained or anything lol.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 9:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Probably you should wear their stuff since yours probably would get sweaty or stained, and they need something that they can get off you quickly if needed, not that it would be. After you deliver and get cleaned up, then is the time to wear your nice things. It is a good time for a new nightgown, in fact, to celebrate the occasion.

Answer by Bmat at 9:50 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Definitely take a nursing bra if you're planning to breastfeed. I was holding out for one I really liked and was affordable, so didn't have one. Not too big a deal, but in all the pics of my brand new daughter, my boobs are quite present. Not something I want to hang on the wall! :)
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 10:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I wore a bathing suit top for the majority of my labor, but I spent a lot of time in the birthing tub. You can pretty much wear whatever you want. If you are going to be up walking around, they give you these underwear that pretty much look like fish net and GIANT pads, if you are leaking amniotic fluid. SEXY!!!!!! I would recommend wearing whatever they give you, so your stuff stays unstained. After you've delivered and showered, you'll probably be more comfortable in your own stuff. Good luck
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 10:26 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• some hospitals and or doctors require that you wear their gowns. but some will let you wear your own cloths but it has to be an open front ( like button or zip front ) gown. But i would wear anything to nice or something you'll want to use after cause you will get blood and other stuff on it and ruin it. But its up to you. I wanted to wear my own gown but the hospital requires that I wear their gown. good luck!!
    Alorasmommy

Answer by Alorasmommy at 12:23 PM on Jan. 1, 2009