Have you ever bought anything off the TV ads and had it really work? What was it?

PurpleDawn

Asked by PurpleDawn at 9:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I bought a Food Saver and I LOVE IT!! I sent my husband canisters of vacuum sealed homemade bread and brownies, vacuum sealed some pouches of chocolate chip cookies and he said they tasted so fresh, especially since it took him 3 1/2 weeks to get them. I use it at home to seal bacon,block cheese, chicken breasts and pork chops (we only go through 2 right now), lunch meat. It's my favorite piece of gadgetry.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:23 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I purchased the Alexis Vogel make up system, and it worked. Later on she told me that she uses Ben Nye products so I started using those... WAY cheaper. Besides her line is no longer hers anyway. (Yeah... I know someone somewhat famous not that we chat often)

Oh and Bare Minerals works too, I love that stuff! I bought that from TV as well.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 9:52 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I never bought from TV, but I did buy at a local store the pet groomer that I saw advertised and sold on TV. In the ad they show piles of pet fur being removed, I'm afraid that that didn't happen with our cats, and the comb thingie now sits in a drawer.

Answer by Bmat at 9:57 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I bought Sheer Cover and hated it! It's supposed to be great for sensitive skin right? No not exactly!! The moisturizer burned my face bright red and the eye makeup stung my eyes sooo bad! Not to mention I ordered the light because I have light skin and it was too dark!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• proactiv solution.... it worked really well, but now ive found something cheaper that works just as well
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 10:15 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• ProActiv Solution, but that was over 10 years ago when my mother bought it on tv for me.
    PedEgg, it was online, but we bought it thru a store. It works, but it gets dull over a short time, so you have to buy ANOTHER one. My hubby uses it all the time for his feet.
    zombie_mommy

Answer by zombie_mommy at 1:11 AM on Jan. 6, 2009