What makes you got in to labor early?

After reading so many posts about mom's who went into labor early I am scared that might happen to me. Are there ways to avoid this? Are there any known causes (foods, drinks, stress, etc) that make you go into labor early?

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 9:50 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Smoking can cause preterm labor, dehydration is a big one so be sure to keep hydrated, heaving lifting/strain, something like a car accident or falling down the stairs... There are many things but I think the best thing you can do is eat healthy, take your prenatals drink plenty of fluids and not worry about it! Worrying about it will do nothing but stress you out more :D Although we all do it for some inane reason.... Must be part of being a woman huh? Dont worry and just take good care of yourself and that baby!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i heard stress can cause it but it has to be extreme of course. sex but that only works if your cervix is getting ready for it too.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 9:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Basicly trauma and fetal distress or induction. Nothing is a sure-fire 100% guaranteed way to put yourself in labor.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I really...think it depends a lot on the baby. Walking/sex usually can induce labor. I walked and walked and walked until I just couldn't anymore (my daughter was born 6 days late) and she absolutely did not come until SHE wanted to.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 31, 2008