I need help... My daughter bites herself when she gets mad

Whenever she gets upset with someone/something she bites her arm really hard. Thi makes big bite marks and eventually bruises. She will scream as she's doing it and bite down at the same time then cries when she's done because it hurt. The only thing is she hasn't learned yet. This has been going on for months. Has anyone else's child done this before? Oh she is turning 2 next month if that means anything.

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 7:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son did that for a while, he was in physical therapy and the therapist said to make him a bracelet he could bite, when get got mad and tell him to bite the bracelet not himself. You could try having a special toy or something she could carry with her that when she is mad she can bite.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 7:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2011

• omg my daughter did that when she was about 2 and the wierdest thing worked. after months of me trying to make her stop, i saw her biting herself and i just bent down and said if you bite i have to bite you back and i bit her arm(not hard or anything) and she never did it again.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 7:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2011