I took that depo shot and I have not had a perios in 7 months and I want a baby I have two but I want a little one again

I took the depo shot in June and I have not had a period I don't use protection because I am married and now want another child I have two little girls . Am I ever going to be able to get pregant or have a period again

Clorise

Asked by Clorise at 9:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Health

• I was on the depo for 3 years and when I stopped I got my period within like 6 months after that, so it might take a year to get fully back on track but yes you will be able to have another baby
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 9:58 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• The depo shot lasts for 3 months. After you get off the shot it may take a while for your period to come back on. For me it was 2 months after my last shot. Its funny how when we dont want to get pregnant we get on birth control and when we want to it takes forever to the birth control to get out of our system.
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• My friend was on the depo for over 10 years. She was told by her OB/GYN that she had to wait about 12-18 months before she started to try to conceive a child. She was told that was the normal waiting period for people coming off depo - whether they are on it for a short amount of time or a long period of time.

Good luck!
    Mom2Rebekah

Answer by Mom2Rebekah at 9:04 AM on Jan. 2, 2009