how can i keep him intertained while i clean and cook?

hey everyone well i have a 7month year old baby boy and well he has been really a pain in the butt i dont know what to do every time im cleaning or doing something and he sees me he wants me told hold him and he crys i give his cookies lollipops or his toys to intertain him but he throws everything..so i really need your advice on what to do or what can i do to keep him intertained while im cleaning and cooking??

sylversmommy

Asked by sylversmommy at 3:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my daughter was that age she was pretty entertained in her bouncer, it had lights and toys she could play with. I would also put on Baby Einstein dvds for her. They have age appropriate dvds. She loved "My First Signs" the best at that age and she still likes it now, she's 18 months.
    MayaTheBee

Answer by MayaTheBee at 3:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• When all of his needs are met, a swing, bouncer, or play mat always worked for me. When all else failed, I would use a front pack, and clean the house with the little one strapped to me. :) I hate to say this, but sometimes you have to let him fuss a little when you know that he is ok, otherwise he will get used to you holding him all the time.
    AbiMack

Answer by AbiMack at 3:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Yes-- have to say I love Baby Einstein too. Sometimes you just have to get stuff done!!!
    AbiMack

Answer by AbiMack at 3:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• A bouncy chair, an exersaucer, or some other type of "baby containment" item. The toys are hooked on so they can't be thrown, he's upright so he can watch you and exercise his muscles. Also, keep talking to him. Tell him what you are doing, even when it is as boring as "Now I'm squirting on a little bit of cleaner, this is how I scrub and now I'm using water to rinse it all away!"

Oh, and drop the candy and cookies from his diet. They aren't good for him at all. If he wants something, try tiny pieces of fruit or whole wheat crackers. Even Goldfish come in whole wheat now.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• get out something new that he only gets to play with while you are doing those things and he will be excited when you take the new stuff out! maybe he needs something more "stimulating" to him like puzzles interesting books or music or some sort of art woek he can sit and do.
    Tayleina

Answer by Tayleina at 4:15 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Put him on the floor by you with a book and talk to him about what he sees on the pages.
    Get some fun musical magnets.
    He will get used to it.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 4:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• sad to say--but i put on SharkTales for my 3 months old twins and it entertains them for a good 15 minutes---time for me to mop or sweep at least! I am teaching them tummy time....they fuss at first--but they end up playing a lot or 'cooing'...i want to get a Jumper or walker. Sometimes i put them in their high-chairs and pull them into the room with me while i clean and talk to them...that makes them happy just being in the same room most of the time....
    jsks826

Answer by jsks826 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• My daughter loved Teletubbies, that was the only way I could take a shower! Also a johnny jumper worked for her
    pbjmoore

Answer by pbjmoore at 5:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2008