Did you cramp so soon after labor?

I just gave birth yesterday, so yeah I'm paranoid...
They had to do a manual D&C to scrape out my placenta because it wouldn't pass. Would it be normal to have cramps over 24 hrs later?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 10:25 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the same thing happened to me! and yes i cramped for the first 5 days some of that is due to your uterus shrinking back down but if it starts to hurt worse than period cramps i would call my doctor.

mom2b112108

Answer by mom2b112108 at 10:28 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• It's probably your uterus shrinking. I know I cramped bad after my 2nd dd. Just make sure you are massaging your stomach really well with lots of pressure.  It may hurt while you're doing it but it will help you feel much better sooner.

LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 10:30 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• is this your first child? cuz after my second i got home and like two hours later thought i was dying. noone informed me of afterbirth pains it was terrible
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I agree with pp! No one told me of the pains I would have after having her! PLUS I tried breastfeeding (didnt work for us :( tho ) If ur breastfeeding it will be worse! APPARENTLY no one told me that as you breastfeed it will cause more and more contractions! I HAD NO CLUE and was about to DIE until I called my dr and he said it was normal lol!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• yeah I had it with my 2nd, it hurt like heck...kinda like bad gas.
    mamajody0507

Answer by mamajody0507 at 2:54 AM on Jan. 1, 2009