Help getting ready and prepared for labor...

I'm 19 yrs old and This will be my first child... I'm due march 21st so I was told to start researching and getting myself prepared for labor.... So I was just curious if anyone had anything that would help me out... Like any exercises I could do to prepare my body for birth or anything like that.... Things you did that seemed to help you out.... maybe even a website. anything really would be great.

little_jenn

Asked by little_jenn at 10:28 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i-am-pregnant.com On there you can sign up and talk to other pregos that are the same amount of weeks prego as you are. Or you can ask ladies who are farther along. I LIVED on that site when I was prego. The ladies that were on with me became my support system. Check it out!
    Mommy2Dallas731

Answer by Mommy2Dallas731 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• hun age has nothing to do with your ability to be pregnant. but
    google anything you have questions about, get a pregnancy book "your pregnancy week by week" is a great one.
    it also has exercises in it that you can do for every week of pregnancy that helps too. good luck :)
    Anonymous

• Be prepared but don't do too much reading. I found that the more I read, the more anxious I got. Most books are filled with worst case scenarios and it will drive you crazy. After awhile I had to put all of my books away. Check with your hospital for birthing classes. You can even go to the library and check out birthing videos. The most important thing, in my opinion is to just trust your body. It knows what it is doing. Good luck!
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• people always told me to walk they said it'd make labor go by faster. I walked 1 hour 2 miles each day and labor was still hard. I pushde for 2 hours with my first daughter. Whattoexpect.com also has some good stuff and babygaga.com as well as babyzone.com
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 10:37 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I never did anything.. jus walked alot Im 19 too and I was 19 when I gave birth... I thought it was super easy it wasnt as painfull as I thought it was going to be and I was in labor for 23 hrs and 10 min,, I didnt go into the hospital until and hour before I ended up actually having him
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 11:06 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Are you reading about birth? I have lots of suggestions and can help, but you need to know your preferences. If you are reading and starting to get an idea you can work from there. Here are some options. (I have more specific info if you'd like it, just let me know.)
    Reading
    Birth class
    prenatal yoga/aqua classes
    birth doula

Who is your attendant (OB or Midwife)?
    Where will you deliver (hospital, home, birth center)?
    Who will be with you to go through learning, help through labor, and help after?
    Will you breastfeed?
    birth videos
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:25 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I was always told to do kegels because strong pelvic floor muscles help make childbirth, specifically pushing, easier. Plus, the exercise can lower your chances of tears happening during labor.s are suppose to strengthen
    maryroses

Answer by maryroses at 12:52 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Just walk into the hopsital with an open mind, Dont have your heart set on a special way of giving birth and that the final result is you give birth safely for you and your baby.
    c_disario

Answer by c_disario at 8:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2009