What would you do if your kids school bus driver was doing this???

Last year we moved to a small town and enrolled our kids into their new school. Well, we very quickly started having trouble with the bus driver. He would yell at the kids and curse at them, he would text while driving, he would leave my kids in 10 below zero weather because they were late and he wanted to prove a point to be on time. Well come to find out most of the kids on the bus cant stand him! I called the principal and the bus garage many times last year but they just brushed me off and said he was a "good old boy" and there was nothing they could do about it. Well come to find out they told him the name of our family who had called to complain.... So the last month of school last year my 3 kids got 5 bus tickets and a nasty letter sent directly to our house from him personally!! Well, this year I thought it would be better...but the first week of school and he is still their bus driver and my son has already gotten a bus ticket for a REALLY stupid reason....I KNOW he is singling out my kids!!! After they get 3 they are of the bus for a year! What would you do??? I feel like I have NO voice!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Sep. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would have stopped putting my kids on the bus! There is NO WAY I would have my kids with that kind of person! And I know for a fact my husband would go toe to toe with him!
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:43 AM on Sep. 15, 2011

• show the letter to the bus people.
    teenmommy31

Answer by teenmommy31 at 12:43 AM on Sep. 15, 2011

• I did show them the letter...and the principal even made a copy of it but nothing was aid or done!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:46 AM on Sep. 15, 2011

• OOps "Said"
    Anonymous

• if they dont fire him id sue! .... let them hear it out! that behavior towards kids is unacceptable... id be pissed!
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 12:47 AM on Sep. 15, 2011

• Is there any way for you to pull your kids off the bus and drive them yourself? Start taking it up the chain of command...go to the supervisor, if he won't help, go to the board...until SOMEONE will listen to you!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:51 AM on Sep. 15, 2011

• The problem is I work and I really need this transportation for them.....I have got to do something but because its a small town and people know him It feels like my complaints are not even heard....I guess I should keep trying.. :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:53 AM on Sep. 15, 2011

• wow that sucks. If no one is going to take you seriously, this sounds drastic but maybe you could take it to the local news as a last resort. Or at least threaten to. I can't believe that bus driver is really that stupid to take it out on your kids and send you that letter like he doesn't know it would incriminate himself! Don't they have cameras on the bus anyway? Maybe if you get as many parents to complain then something will be done and not brushed off. good luck!!
    Rosxjun88

Answer by Rosxjun88 at 12:54 AM on Sep. 15, 2011

• I would go in and tell them, very nicely but very firmly, that the bus driver is breaking the law and putting the children at risk by texting while driving the bus, that he is acting in a hostile and unprofessional manner, and that now, because of THEIR unprofessional actions (sharing your name with him), your children are being singled out and harassed. That, since he is an employee of the school, you are holding the school - specifically the bus driver, the bus distro supervisor (or whatever they are called where you are), the principal, and the board of education personally responsible. That if these actions do NOT stop - ALL of them - the singling out, the texting, the letters being sent to your house, etc - that you WILL be contacting an attorney and filing an harassment lawsuit against them - naming the above mentioned employees specifically.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:00 AM on Sep. 15, 2011

• Start a petition with the other parents of the kids who ride that bus, maybe? Or do those parents not believe their children?
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:01 AM on Sep. 15, 2011