how many of you moms has a set schedule for cleaning, laundry, deep cleaning? how do you do it with toddlers?

my little girl wont let me get anything done. she wants to help but she dont listen.

mamaangie1974

Asked by mamaangie1974 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in General Parenting

• I clean and do the stuff i need to when my son is taking a nap and before he wakes up.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• a schedule? im perfect, i dont need a schedule....NOT!!!!! lol.. actually when my son naps i get online but whens hes up i do my cleaning. i dont like to sit online when hes up for some reason. it seems like he wants more attention when im online. but when im moving around the house and cleaning and stuff like that, he tends to play alone better. not sure why.
    mstia

Answer by mstia at 10:49 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I gave my daughter a little spray bottle of water, a little broom, a sponge, and a cloth. That way she can "help" all she wants while I clean. She'll try to follow my directions - briefly. Over time I know she'll get better at remembering to follow directions and I can start giving her actual tasks.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I let her help, I bought her a broom and a dust pan; in fact she is beside me handing me dry pasta I gave her to "cook" in her kitchen that she got for C-mas, while I cook in my kitchen! I used to get extremely frustrated until I realized she is just trying to learn, and bond! If I'm cleaning the floors, I will give her a towel or rag to follow me with and she will clean up the same spot I did, on occasion she will make a mess, but she is trying to learn and I can't get frustrated with that...

HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 2:41 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I put her tv shows on, a few snacks on the table and play loud music..SHE loves to dance and keeps her busy lol and she can stair at the TV..Music also put her to slepp with in an hour..BUT i never get to do the upstairs.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 4:15 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Can't say I have ever had a set schedule on cleaning....I do the best I can. When they are little your best bet is naptime or after bedtime. It's hard I know...
    BonJovilover

Answer by BonJovilover at 6:06 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Dang! We're supposed to clean?!

I knew I was forgetting something!

Hey...do what you can when you can. I tend to do deeper cleaning (scrubbing the bathroom YUCK) when my husband is home and can corral the boys a bit. Laundry...do a load or two a day. Dusting...LOVE swiffer! LOL I had one to my oldest and tell him to dust what he can reach! LOL Each evening after supper is clean up time. All the toys are put away so I can vacuum. I keep the kitchen cleaned as I go throughout the day so that isn't much of an issue....I suck at keeping the floor clean though. Oh..and the boys load their own dishes into the diswasher.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:23 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I made a "game" out of it, but with consequences. My children learned real fast. I bought a toy shopping buggy and while I cleaned up, told them it was time for them to go "shopping."They had to shop for the toys they wanted to keep and put into the toy box. Same thing for their clothes but into their hamper. Everything had a specific place that I labelled with words and pictures. I also bought toy vacuum cleaners, irons, aprons, gloves, so that they could help Mommy. Anything left over, I put into a giveaway box and made them watch while neighborhood kids came by for first pick. I held them back and was immune to their tears. Again, they adapted quickly!
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 9:17 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Cleaning? Im supposted to have time for that? oh wow..lol

Between hub and I we do what we can, which some days isnt enough..but oh well. It gets done
    Jensbabies

Answer by Jensbabies at 10:06 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Those are the only things I dont have a schedule for. Cleaning is done whenever the kids go to sleep and laundry is done once a week, so exact time
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 11:07 AM on Jan. 1, 2009