spanking your children..yes or no?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in General Parenting

• yep
    Anonymous

• yep i do it. and it is not abuse so don't even want to here it. i have a friend that works for cys and as long as you don't leave bruises or welts its good
    Anonymous

• Are you asking if you should spank your child for a specific reason, or are you just asking if you should spank the little fella for no apparent reason? Do whatever you feel is right. Some moms on here are for it, some are not. It's your decision, we can't do it for you.
    Anonymous

• i do
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i most certainly do spank my son when he gets out of hand
    mstia

Answer by mstia at 10:43 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• My son is only 13 months, so no, for now. I was BELTED as a child for everything by my father. That was his only form of discipline. He never told me why I was being belted, he just did it and sometimes out of anger. I will definitely not go about it that way. If I ever do spank, it'll be for very few reasons. There are other ways to punish a child before laying your hands on them... sometimes spanking works for one child, but might not work for another.. same goes for every other kind of punishment out there.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:44 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I wont spank my son unless he does sumthing horrible like throwing a rock over an over pass... Id rather just sit him down and disscuss with him what he did wrong and why it was wrong and what he should of done instead of doing what he did....
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 10:52 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• We used to but have since gotten away from it because my son's counselor helped us realize that it sends the message that hitting is OK. So, now we take things away that they like. Video games, computer and phone time, etc.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 11:01 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• For me, no.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Yes. She's a year old and I pop her hand or behind when she bites, throws golf balls at her Daddy's head, ect. She knows I don't mean anything hateful behind it, because she gets ample loving after about a minute of letting it sink in. :)
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 11:26 PM on Dec. 31, 2008