how long should a 6 month old sleep at night

my six month old sleeps about 3 hours then another couple of hours. Sometimes I nurse her back to sleep and sometimes I dont depending on what time it is. Also I usually nurse her to sleep at night and during the day..is it really that bad? She doesn't want to eat when she wakes she wants to play. If I shouldn't nurse to sleep can I rock her or is that bad too? It's hard for me to put her in her crib when she is wide awake is that what you are suppossed to do? What worked for you?

littledozie

Asked by littledozie at 10:41 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How many hours does she sleep per day total ? It should be around 13-15 hours I believe.

My 3 month old sleeps 9 hours straight through at night plus a few more during the days .
    I do nurse her to sleep and have with all my kids .
    Do what you are comfortable doing .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 10:43 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• 9 hours??!!.............I hate you.....just kidding :) yeah she gets enough sleep it's just always different (when she naps and when she wakes up. She used to sleep really well I dont know what happened. Babies r weird. Thankyou!
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 11:00 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I ave a 5 month old and he sleeps around 9 hours a night as well. He naps during the day, but those are cat naps. If your LO is sleeping alot during the day try to keep her up during the day as much as possible. That will tire her out and she will be more likely to sleep longer at night.
    Mommy2Dallas731

Answer by Mommy2Dallas731 at 11:09 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• When my son(who is also breastfed) was 6 months he was still waking to nurse every 3 hours or so. I'm not sure of his total sleep. He was pretty good at latching himself by then so I didn't even wake up most times.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 2:08 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• lol that's cute
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 2:55 AM on Jan. 1, 2009