TEENAGE MOMS ONLY

How old were you when you had your baby and how do you think you were treated differently? (because I am a teen mom and I am wondering if you guys are treated the same way I am.)

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I WAS 19 AND MY DAUGHTERS DAD WAS 17, AND YES WE GOT TREATED DIFFERENT, THEY THINK THAT JUST CUZ YOUR YOUNG IT MEANS YOU HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR BABY, AND THAT YOU SHOULDN'T DESERVE TO HAVE HIM/HER, AT LEAST THATS HOW I ALWAYS FELT, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT, AGE DOESN'T DETERMINE HOW GOOD A PARENT YOU CAN BE, I'M A SINGLE MOM AND I AM DOING FINE, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MOM,
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 11:44 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I had jus turned 19.. 4 days before he was born.. my doctor was very rude and old ladies use to give my nasty looks..
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 10:56 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I had my son at 18, my nurses joked with me the entire time and were totally nice I loved them. A few people I know said I was too young to have a baby and didn't know what I was doing even though they didn't raise their own kids, they had someone do the work for them. I haven't really had any dirty looks I guess because my fiance looks kind of older & he's 28. We wouldn't let my fiance's mom see our son for a long time because she was a druggie that chose drugs over our son so she left a message on our voicemail that said "you are a mom and have the right to keep him from me but one day you will be an adult and see how much you're hurting me and Shooter(our son)"
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 11:02 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I've also had a lady at Walmart ask me if my son fell out of the shopping cart because he was on the floor throwing a fit. I wouldn't give him a toy and he was throwing a fit in the cart so I got him out and had him stand in front of me then he threw himself to the floor and started screaming. I just couldn't believe she would ask if he fell out of the shopping cart.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 11:04 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I was 17 when I had my first. And yes we are treated different for it. It is the way it is. My sister had her first when she was 14 and boy was she treated different. She married her daughters father and is still with him 8 yrs later. Everyone just thinks we are automatically going to be bad moms and get our kids taken away.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:10 PM on Dec. 31, 2008