he will be 1 next month.. what to do?

my son will be ONE jan 17th.. this year went by soo fast anyway we are having a birthday party for him jan 31 and im just wondering what type of things you do at a 1 year olds birthday party.. there will be mostly adults and probably 6-10 kids ranging from 6 months- 8yrs old.. its a big age difference so im at a loss for what to do for entertainment or activities for the kids.. and what about party favors?? any ideas? please help.. thanks...

jaxonsmmy

Asked by jaxonsmmy at 11:09 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I went to partycity.com, and found the CUTEST 1st birthday sets. I got DD a pinata that was in the shape of the number one, it had pull strings so no bat, that was nice lol. But all the kids enjoyed that.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 11:11 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i would buy a bubble machine, the young kids will be occupied for hours lol, they love to chase and pop them :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• You can rent a bouncer for the older kids, play pin the tale on the donkey, hot potato, bake cupcakes for the older kids to decorate. I have always have a craft my favorite craft is to make picture frames out of Popsicle sticks. I then take a polaroid picture of each child either in a group or with the family. Have the child/adult decorate the frame with glitter, stickers, glue on sea shells, etc when frame dries I glue the picture on the back of the frame put on a magnet write my child's name date on the back of the frame. This is a nice souvenir and can be used as a refrigerator magnet. My daughter is 18 and I have these frames from when she was in kindergarten with her friends to the age of 15 (she stopped making them)  This is parents all time favorite!!

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 11:20 AM on Jan. 1, 2009