Kind of 2 part question...

Ok first off my lil one is 2 months old and she is so clingy to me which is ok with me but everyone keeps saying that im spoiling her! If I put her in her swing and she can see me she is fine but if she cant see me she starts freakin out! If my mother tries to hold her and she cant see me she'll start screaming .. it was that way with my husband to she wouldnt let him hold her either but its gotten better! Is that normal? Do all babies go thru this? My mom wont watch her for even a minute which doesnt bother me, but I know it bothers her because she wants to be able to keep her for me if I need her to?

2nd question when she is sleeping she will start crying? Like screaming crying? Then stop.. then a couple minutes later she'll do it again until she wakes her self up and then I have to pick her up or she'll continue to cry? Is that normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• first of all you are not spoiling her hold her love her hug her . the crying my daughter does that try patting her back or butt and see if she will go back to sleep
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:04 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• My daughter is starting to do the same thing and everyone says its bc i spoil her. Shes a month old. She lets people hold her though but not for very long before she acts like she hungry or fusses, they give her back to me and shes fine. I think its just a mommy baby thing, she also screams like that in her swing, car seat, bouncer ect... lol again probably a baby thing.
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 12:15 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• A baby at that age has no idea how to manipulate you. She just has needs. Don't worry about spoiling her until at least 3 months old. My dd was always attatched to me and people used to tell me the same thing. I always encouraged her to explore things on her own and now she is super independent and I think well adjusted. You just do what is right for you and your baby....only you know what she needs...nobody else does. - She is probably scared when she wakes up and you're not there...totally normal and she'll grow out of it. Right now, she is just getting used to being outside the womb. Have a Happy New Year!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 12:19 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• You are not spoiling her. Look up object permanence this should explain her behavior. Remember she can not comprehend that you are there but out of sight. She thinks you are gone forever hence the crying for her life. It is very important to build that trust so don't let anyone convince you otherwise, go to baby and love baby period!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I had everyone telling me I was spoling my daughter also. I finally printed this link out and they left me alone. You can't spoil a baby!
    http://www.babycenter.com/404_should-i-worry-about-spoiling-my-baby_3446.bc

On the crying thing my daughter is 3 months and still does that sometimes. they will grow out of it. Best of luck sweetie!
    jc4duckie

Answer by jc4duckie at 6:38 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• You can't spoil a baby that young...she just wants her Mommy...that is normal. Keep loving her just the way you are! =)
    CrystalMayrand

Answer by CrystalMayrand at 12:14 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• my seven week old is doing the same exact thing!! Even with my husband. I have just been making my husband handle him alot more when he is home and its getting better!
    Mgirly84

Answer by Mgirly84 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 1, 2009