Anyone know where I can get info on how I can teach my toddlers to swim? I want to do it myself, without "swimming lessons" but I'm having trouble finding instructions on the best way to teach them (they are 3yrs and 20 months) Any suggestions or resource would be great!! Thanks Ladies!

oglesbymom

Asked by oglesbymom at 2:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My sister-in-law's daughter is 3.5 years old. She's been going to the pool since she was itty bitty ... It just takes her getting used to the water, I guess ... because she's a great swimmer! She does use floaties on her arms, though ... just as a pre-caution ... but she does flips and swims under the water ... it's really pretty amazing. Her mom has played with her in the pool a lot ... nothing formal for lessons ... just lots of time spent getting used to it :)
    n_hisgrip

Answer by n_hisgrip at 2:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• my grandwson (& children) where in the pool A.S.A.P. my grandson at 3 weeks old was taking his bottle in the pool. now this year he himself puts his whole face under with no problem. he will be 1 next week. my children were all autumn baby's but once the summer came they were in that pool with a ring floaties, seats etc. then by summers end they were so used to the water, they were jumping in on their own. try water babies since ur children are older. when a child is born from the time of birth my children where exposed to music, art, water, beach, different languges, u would be surprised how fast they pick up things, i found the younger they were the faster they learned it
    ladylindasue

Answer by ladylindasue at 2:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• If you find a good way to do it let me know. I want to teach Mack.
    jengoo

Answer by jengoo at 10:39 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• my twin girls are just 15 months and in the pool almost every day. they have swim wings (get the orange kind that blow up all around i had to find them at a family dollar kind of store. walmart only had ones with one flat side and they dont work) and they have a little inertube baby float. they say get them used to the water, blowing bubbles, kicking and splashing. get them over the fear of it first then work on swimming. my girls love the water now only after about 2 weeks and are working on kicking. when you think they are ready for dunking you blow hard in their face and that makes them hold their breath then dunk them and pull them up real quick.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 21, 2008