What am I religiously?

I was born and raised a Muslim. But as I started to get older I just started to notice myself becoming more open-minded and doing my own sort of thing. I married a Christian, and I dont really believe in his religion either. I have done plenty of research on religion and cannot find one that would fit me. But I will NEVER deny that God exists and I love God!!! But, I feel like I am not part of a organized religion...what is that called?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't think it matters and you shouldn't have to catagorize yourself. Your relationship with God is what matters. I personally believe in several different religions. I think that all religions have some truth to them. So I say....you are what you are...it's your relationship and nobody elses.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 12:51 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I agree with you KaceesMom...Thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Thats one of the great things about religion...you can call yourself whatever you want, so long as you have the same basic idea as what you call yourself. Mormons & Catholics are VERY different yet they are both Christians. but KaceesMom is right...dont worry about it, so long as you are happy religiously
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:56 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I guess I just felt bad when people would ask me what are you and the answer I would give them was God Fearing...and I had no denomination etc to refer to..I dunno but I feel good that I am open-minded enough to just love God. Without him I am and have nothing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• A seeker.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 3:40 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Theist or a Deist, it would depend on your view point of religious doctrines. A theist is one who believes in a god and the revelation of scriptures/holy books(Books are divine inspiration of god). A deist is one who believes in a god but NOT revelation of holy books and scripture(Books are a load of man made doctrines put in place for the gains of the church). That's the definitions in a nutshell. Overall it doesn't really matter what you call yourself as long as you are happy in your beliefs and you don't cause harm to others.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:05 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I'm kinda in the same boat. There are aspects of many religions that I agree with, but not one completely. I was talking about this with my hubby last night, and we came up with two terms to "Define" (although I agree with pp's about not needing a title to your belief... the relationship is what matters). Eclectic Agnostic or Eclectic Deist. Eclectic meaning I have pulled from many places.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 9:12 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Spiritual, a seeker, a follower of God. You don't really need a title. Religion is entirely man-made and is just about people trying to figure out where they fit in with God. So to not have a "set religion" is not bad. Are there any masters that you like? Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha? Read some of their lessons and see which ones really speak to you. Always ask God to lead you in your journey. Also check out belief.net. You can take a little quiz to find out what "category" you're in, if you still want a religion.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:12 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Spirtually.

You believe in a Higher Power, live your life the bet way you know how to, just do not maintain a total committment to one of the main 3 religions believed to be from God.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I agree its called a seeker.
    It really matters who you worship. If you make up someone in your head... a God that you would like ot follow and do it, are you really following a real person or just an idea? I think its really important to learn about the God you serve and not just to make one up kwim? It does not mean that you have to fit yourself into a religion or a system. It means that you need to know and have faith in that person that you believe, and that person trust with all your heart soul and mind. Does that make sense?
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 1, 2009