I need somewhere for my mom to go!!

My mother has been denied for Government housing because she lived there 4 years ago and they said she left the house a mess and had complaints filed against her from neighbors. The complaints were for my older brother who no longer even lives in this state.
She's staying with me but she was only supposed to be here a month and it's now been three. I need her out immediately to save my own home. What can I do to help her get her own place? She's not working, but actively looking for work and can't afford a regular apartment. Please please help me get her into her own place! Wht can I do? I wrote a letter to housing trying to explain and told them I would be more than happy to co-sign or anything to help get her in, but no one ever answered us.

katimae

Asked by katimae at 1:38 AM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• look for income based apartments. (even if she has no income) the rent is based on the amount of income. Does she get public assistance? unemployment?
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 6:35 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• The Salvation Army has housing for the elderly and disabled. I think they're called SilverCrest. Check there.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:40 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• What state is she in?
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:41 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Yeah look up local shelters in your town and even motel or semi- expensive hotels that allow u stay sometime for a decent limited time.
    JewlSER

Answer by JewlSER at 4:06 AM on Jan. 1, 2009