would you still shop at a store if...

you heard one of clerks agreeing with a customer about the "state of the nations" I.e. all them mexicans, or they're trying to take our guns away, etc.
would you continue shopping someplace if the employees had (loud) obviously racially charged and sometimes wrong and different opinions than you

simonssuperhero

Asked by simonssuperhero at 1:54 AM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Shopping

• good for you though, for standing up for what you feel strongly about. If more people were like that people would think twice about what they say.
    momof2boys423

Answer by momof2boys423 at 2:35 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• huh? i am a little confused....maybe cuz i am celcbrating the new year rather than dealing with drama......
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:02 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• ""huh? i am a little confused....maybe cuz i am celcbrating the new year rather than dealing with drama...... ""

then why answer at all? this is a serious question, it happened to me recently, i was in a sports store trying to fill out a christmas wish and the clerk was agreeing with a customer on some issues that i had to disagree with, i told the clerk such when it was my turn to talk to him, he tried starting a conversation with me about the aforementioned subjects and i told him no thank you i'll shop somewhere else, so go, go celebrate and please leave the answering to people who, well, have real answers
    simonssuperhero

Answer by simonssuperhero at 2:10 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Were they wrong because you didn't agree with their opinion? Maybe they didn't think they were wrong. If you didn't like what they were saying you should ignore them or report them to managment. You can't force your opinion on others even if there's seem completely rediculous.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 2:12 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• ""Were they wrong because you didn't agree with their opinion? Maybe they didn't think they were wrong. If you didn't like what they were saying you should ignore them or report them to managment. You can't force your opinion on others even if there's seem completely rediculous. ""

not necessarily that i didn't agree with them, i guess i just feel that when you are in a position like that it's best to try to discharge the situation and guide the customer back to talking about something they can buy rather than starting a mob mentality and possibly ruining the store's reputation
    simonssuperhero

Answer by simonssuperhero at 2:14 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• When I shop, it is for my own personal reasons and personal needs. I could care less about what the clerks think. Just ring up my stuff, so I can quickly move on my way.
    momof2boys423

Answer by momof2boys423 at 2:15 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Maybe the clerk was in the opinion that the customer is always right. I would agree with just about anything just hold my job right now. I don't want to piss off customers.....I need the job! If you feel so strongly then shop somewhere else. All you did was throw a fit in the store you got nothing accomplished. That clerk probably thought....Whatever!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Honey...pick and choose your battles. If a store is going to get a bad rep. it won't be just that one incedent that ruins it. If it was morally offensive then I would have said something to the manager.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 2:18 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• well, i didn't "throw a fit" i told him " I hope you were just saying those things under the understanding that the customer is always right, because i would hate to go somewhere else to get what i need" and he started in with "well, this new president has some ideas about our guns" and i told him "no, it's illegal guns they are after, not your deer gun, if you have nothing to hide there's no problem with registering it" and he said "well, if it weren't for them d*mn immigrants" and i stopped him there and said thank you very much but i need to leave now, i wouldn't really call that throwing a fit, but i will take the advice to talk to a manager, thank you
    simonssuperhero

Answer by simonssuperhero at 2:21 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I'm sorry I said throwing a fit....you stood your ground and that's admirable. I would def. call the manager about that clerk. It's one thing to have an opinion but to verbalize it at an inapropriate time is not right and the clerk should be schooled that's for sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Jan. 1, 2009