Sometimes don't you love to hate people?

Strangers to me can be nicer than my family,most of the time.My family exstanged gifts this year and i got the two worst relitives my aunts.There fancey lil bi*ches and everything has to cost alot of money for them.So i bought them marykay one got a candle set and one got a lip gloss and fingernail polish.The one that got the polish and lipgloss said that the lipgloss was'nt there. She cryed and said i stole it, so the other aunt felt sorry for her so she gave her, her candle set.I can't belive this i was outraged, my grandmother said leave it a lone so i did.This is not the first time they say i have stole from them I don't steal and defintly would not ever take anything from family (nor a store)I am sick of being called the theif it's one thing to be the black sheep and to be a theif is another.My question is would you tell them your not the theif or does that make me look guilty?

kim168

Asked by kim168 at 2:11 AM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• The truth needs no defense. Learn to utilize the power of silence. I wouldn't distance myself from family but love them until they learned to love themselves or even you. They can think or say whatever they like. It's their mouths. You shouldn't be looking for their approval or definition of who you are. YOU KNOW YOU BEST. Anyone who cared or loved you, would ask and listen. Hate is a negative emotion that can damage our health and block our blessings. This is hard work but the benefit is that you will be developing your inside character (soul, values, morals, etc) to be as beautiful as you are outside. You will become a magnet for healthier choices, people, and friends. BE THE EXAMPLE BY LIVING IT!
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 9:55 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I am a big mouth and would call them out in front of everyone, and make it very clear I was not a thief and stealing their crap. Like you said to be the "black sheep" is one thing but to accuse you of being that shady is another

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:22 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Wow...I'd tell them to grow up and if they don't like what you got them then they can give it back or throw it out. I would have anything to do my family if they behaved that way. I'm sorry they were such Be-yotches to you!
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 2:22 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• It's like this every year next year i'm staying home.
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 2:26 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• wow.... i am sorry u would have to go thru something like this....they def. need some prozac or something...if u know u didnt do it i wouldnt worry about it....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:51 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Cause it's family and diffrent family members keep bringing it up and throwing the whole thing in my face.
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 2:57 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• U could tell them but then again Its been my experience that its best not to try to prove dumb people wrong. It they want to accuse u let them. It would only make u look like an ass for following them up and thats what dumb people want good people to do. Just don't pay them no mind and pray about it and everything will turn out just fine.
    JewlSER

Answer by JewlSER at 3:54 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• And next yr if u decide to stay home that great. but if u decide to get them another gift just keep being yourself, kill them with kindness and act like what they are saying and doing not getting to u. If u things like that it really eat at people like your aunt. Just try it and watch their faces.
    JewlSER

Answer by JewlSER at 3:57 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• you bought the gift. why would you steal something? these people are ignorant drama queens looking for a fight. avoid them as much as possible. this includes seeing them, speaking to them, and talking about them. leave it alone and move on with your life. you can't win with these folks. concentrate on the relatives that love and appreciate you, like grandma.
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 4:33 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• It sounds to me like your aunts are nuts.

Just remove yourself from the situation and send a card next year.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:47 AM on Jan. 1, 2009