How do you ask a guy if he has been tested for STD's?

So, I am seeing a new guy and would like proof that he has been recently tested for AIDS. I would like to have sex without any worries, even though we will still use a condomn. Is there an easy way to ask him to get tested or proof that he recently was?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• just ask I asked my fiancee and he was cool with it and understood and I told him I would go with him and get it done too just so he wouldnt feel like he was being pointed out specifically
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 2:23 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Hey it's 2009 (well almost for me anyhow) I would just come right out and ask him, these days you can never be too careful. and kudos for being so responsible!

clapping

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:25 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Just ask him and if his is not to recent maybe you could go to the dr together and get tested for everything, way to go for taken care of youself girl,if you don't no one will.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• My hubby says to say "Have you recently been tested for STD's?". I agree with everyone above, if he gets offended, it would seem to me that there would be a reason.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 2:36 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I would just ask him, or like the PP said, offer to go with him to get tested together. Then it's not like you're accusing him or anything.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 2:38 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• AIDS wouldn't be my only concern.
    And I wouldn't ask him if he's been tested recently- I would ask him to please go get tested NOW.
    Furthermore, I would not engage in any sort of sexual relationship if I couldn't feel comfortable enough with him to be upfront and ask straight out..
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 3:59 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I WOULD STRAIGHT ASK TO SEE PAPERS OR GO GET TESTED TOGETHER...STDS ARE NO LAUGHING MATTER..... if he really cares about you and your realtionship he should have no problem with it!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:04 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• clappingi agree with haute... kudos for asking

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:05 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I would make a date for you BOTH to get tested.

He should be as concerned as you are.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:45 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• you could ask him... but how do you know that he's telling the truth? until you can really trust that he would never hurt you or expose you to danger (sounds like you don't yet, or you wouldn't be asking us) don't sleep with him.. obviously you are a mom. and if you don't know that he respects that and respects your child's need for a healthy mom, then sex can wait. that being said... the testing site can print out results, notarize them and he can show you. fyi.
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 5:14 AM on Jan. 1, 2009