What is up with the term Troll?

I see members tossing it around and calling each other "trolls" on here and it just escapes me....what is it supposed to mean?
DH says a troll is an ugly monster. Come on! Are grown women calling each other ugly monsters? Really? It is just that I can think of better, more offensive words....why troll?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's a term used for the people who come on here just to stir up trouble. Usually they are anon. and ask controversial questions, or tmi questions.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:07 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• a Troll on the internet is someone that posts (usually anonymously but they aren't always that intelligent) something completely ridiculous solely meant to cause drama. come on, to not know that an entire bottle of wine while pregnant is bad, the person would have to live under a rock. hence the term troll.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Got it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Jan. 1, 2009