Just wanted to know

Why do people have to be so rude? Just because some of us aren't as perfect as them. Have they heard of "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• silly you did you forget? they are born perfect!!!!..lololol
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 3:14 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Oh yes, my mistake. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• It is one thing to be imperfect. It is another to be a flippin' idiot. That is what the anon button is for though...right....for us trolls. LOL IDK, I guess you could argue that if you don't have something "non drama whore" to ask then don't ask it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• If you don't want to hear negative comments, don't say anything that will illicit one.
    Really, why is everything which goes contrary to what one WANTS to hear considered rude??
    My 2 year old daughter thinks her grandmother was being rude by not allowing her to have a popsicle for dinner. But she's two. I certainly expect that by the time her age reaches the double-digits that she will understand that such a thing does not make a person rude.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 3:33 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I think it makes them feel better about themselves. Some people just don't care about another persons feeling, or what they may have gone through until they do. You know the old saying "What comes around, goes around". Just ignore it, because if they know it bothers you, they will just keep doing it. Could say more, but I would be here all night. Patience is a virtrue. Just smile!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I prefer:

"If you can't say anything nice, then come sit by me"

I think Liyoness has it right - some people just want a YES MA'AM and nothing else. BORING.

Really....if you don't want to hear everyone's opinion, don't ask.....

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:41 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Well, I am of the opinion, that I am GOING to get rude comments on everything, so I just suck it up and ask anyway. Thats just how some people operate and there isn't anything you can do about it. YOu learn to live with it. Usually its an attention thing if they are being really dramatic. I am NOT always going to tell you what you want to hear...thats not being rude, thats being honest.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:50 AM on Jan. 1, 2009