Why is it almost impossible to fall asleep and stay asleep later on in pregnancy?

Ugh... every night it gets more difficult.

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 3:43 AM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have always believed it was your body's way of preparing for the lack of sleep that you will experience once you have your baby.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 4:36 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• because you are miserable and its hard to find a comfy position.
    Mama2Joshy

Answer by Mama2Joshy at 9:06 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I'm the exact same way!! I'll be 31 weeks tomorrow, and I was so tiny before i got pregnant that my ribs need to expand sooo much to make room for my little boy in me belly. Well, that's probably the most pain I've ever felt in my entire life... and it keeps me up night after night after night. It sucks!
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 9:17 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Im 25 weeks and all i do is toss and turn..Its so not fun and all i wanna do is sleep! just onle hour maybe 2 without having to PEE! I have 25 days til my C section and i have been having dreams about my water breaking..UGH..lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:02 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Talk with your doctor. I believe it's a combination of things. The baby sitting on your bladder, making you have to pee all the time. The baby taking up all your stomach room, so the baby eats off the top, and you get the crumbs they left over. The baby kicking all the time. Your own anxiety about giving birth, being a good parent, etc.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 10:26 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I could fall asleep just fine LOL

Then again, I'm the world's best sleeper :)
    weezer_cookie

Answer by weezer_cookie at 10:54 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I know the feeling. It seems that I spend more time awake in bed than I actually do sleeping in bed. I could easily sleep till 9:00 am with no problem about 2 months ago but it seems like my body says at 5:30am your getting up (after having a restless night). My husband has been the same way. Him and I are both up on our days off by 5:30 am. We just say its our bodies way of getting us ready for baby (9 more weeks!!!!).
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:23 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Omg here is my list of reasons- cant breathe getting kicked in the ribs and punched in the cervix squished bladder heart burn and acid reflux LOL ugh I never sleep anymore!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• im not even miserable, and i still wake up a lot but its mostly from my back aching and my hips.
    sometimes i think i hear something so i wake up real quick but its nothing lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:45 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• ***Ok Im 35 weeks not 25 lol Sorry
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2009