My baby does not eat rice for a while now, what should I do?

appetite, foods of babies

acie00

Asked by acie00 at 4:27 AM on Sep. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is your baby? Sometimes when kids are sick or teething, they may refuse food. I would call the doctors office and ask about it.
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 4:46 AM on Sep. 16, 2011

• shes going to be 10 months old. she does not eat rice but she eats other foods. she does not eat the food that she already ate the other day.
    acie00

Comment by acie00 (original poster) at 4:49 AM on Sep. 16, 2011

• Maybe you just have a picky baby, hey it happens, she know what she likes.
    mom2lyl

Answer by mom2lyl at 6:27 AM on Sep. 16, 2011

• as long as they are getting enough breastmilk or formula then they dont need to eat any other food until 12+. I would just offer whatever I was eating to the baby. If she eats it great if not then you know no harm is done because they are getting enough milk.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:57 AM on Sep. 16, 2011

• Then dont give it to her.

Answer by gemgem at 7:42 AM on Sep. 16, 2011

• 10 month old baby don't need to eat rice, it has no nutrition. As long he has enough formula or breastmilk for the first year.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 8:57 AM on Sep. 16, 2011

• What has your pediatrician told you? If she is hungry feed her, if she is thirsty give her something to drink. Try a different style of baby food. Why doesn't she eat what she ate the day before? Are you feeding her from the same jar or is a new unopened jar? I don't like to eat the same thing day after day, can you blame her? Mix it up, try different foods, do apples and peas for one meal and sweet potatoes and peaches for another, the next day do green beans and pears and then do carrots and apples again. just keep rotating it so she isn't eating the same thing over and over again. Also if she doesn't eat an entire jar in a sitting, do not feed her directly from that jar and keep it for later. The enzymes in her saliva break down the food and start to dissolve them. Pour it into a little bowl or cup and feed from there. Refridgerate any left over and heat it up for the next serving to luke warm or let it sit out.
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 10:24 AM on Sep. 16, 2011