can i bring this on the plane?

We have a 4 hour flight to Florida. Im wondering if I can bring a tupperware container of steamed apples for my daughter to put in one of those net feeders for the plane?

falanlee

Asked by falanlee at 7:35 AM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you called the airline yet? Surely they could give you some written permission when you get your boarding pass.
    rbeca

Answer by rbeca at 7:50 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• You'll have to check with your airline. There are general restrictions and also specific ones it seems. I seem to recall in general that no, you cannot take on food or drink...unless purchased past the security check in...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:59 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• When we flew in April, the TSA (I think that is who it was, the flight security people) told me that the only restrictions are on liquids. You can take as much food as you want because I was worried because my containers for my son's food were 6 and 8 oz and not 4oz like their limit. But since it was solid food there was no problem. Best bet is to email TSA and the airline specifically and ask them and when they say it is ok, print out the emails and take them with you.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:02 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• you should be able to...if you have a baby or small kids they tend to let you bring whatever you need.
    Mama2Joshy

Answer by Mama2Joshy at 9:08 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• We were allowed to bring seal store bought foods like fruit snacks through security. Anything else we had to buy at the airport.
    PeytonNBella

Answer by PeytonNBella at 9:49 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• YES! I flew 16hrs to Alaska (from GA) & had food, formula, & water for my son. They have to check almost everything (but you can even take food on for you most of the time, so food shouldn't be a problem), so it takes longer to get thru security, but I just don't see how they can tell you anything is prohibited for your baby....as long as it isn't excessive amounts. The head security guy asked another guy when we took a 30min flight to Atlanta from where we live, but when I heard him & said "ALASKA!" he didn't ask anymore questions.
    CrystalMayrand

Answer by CrystalMayrand at 12:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2009