Right or Wrong?

My son lives with his dad and made Christmas lists. On his list her had Guitar Hero, and other games like Ultimate Band and Nerf. I talked with my ex two weeks before Christmas and let him know we had purchased the video games he had not (guitar hero & nerf). He said that was great and thanked me. Now my ex is diagnosed with NPD & was abusive. I kicked him out years ago and hes never gotten over it. He hates letting my son visit & video tapes drop off & pick ups & records my calls even though theres a CO that says he cant. Anyway last night he called to say Happy New Yr to our son whose with me right now and told him he isnt allowed to bring his Santa gifts home including his Guitar Hero. My son cried himself to sleep asking why his dad was such a jerk. His dad said he cant have it bc I have it in my home and he hates me. Is that right or wrong to do that to a 9 yr old child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Holidays

• That is EXTREMELY wrong to do to any child! Dont let him do that to his son! You should either tell him to straighten up or try to find council about having this so called 'dad' have supervised visits. That way, if he starts to act up, another trained person can see that and be on your side. I'd also ask the courts if you could keep your son from him. Maybe that will be the wake up call for 'dad'. I'm so sad to hear that your son has to go through this. I'm hopeing for you.
    cthorn14

Answer by cthorn14 at 8:14 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Thanks. My son actually disclosed sexual abuse by his dad and CPS dropped the ball and in the end my ex was given custody of our son. Now I have the evidence I need to take him back to court to show that the evidence presented wasnt right. They said our sons word wasnt enough to prove he was abused. My son is terrified of his dad and even told his teacher there and she didnt report it and instead told his dad who then beat my sons butt and told him he should see a therapist because he reported him for abuse. I have a lawyer and I am parking my butt there monday morning and explaining what happened. Keep us in your prayers because this is just the final straw over a long time. My ex using the court system to further his abuse on my family. I think this should speak volumes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• That is definitely wrong. I hate my ex more than anyone else on the planet, and would pop a bottle of champagne if something happened to him, but I would NEVER, EVER tell my children anything like that. My kids don't even know I hate him. I put on a smile and play nice, for their sake. To me, it's just horrible that a parent would say something like that to their child. I guess there's just nothing like putting your child in the middle of your problems, is there? Sorry he did that to your little boy, and to you. I sincerely hope the judge reams him a new one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• OP--

The things you claim your ex has done to your son are the reasons parents abduct and go underground with their children! Come Hell or high water, there isn't absolutely NO WAY I would allow my son to LIVE with a physical or sexual abuser!!! WOW!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• There is nothing I can do about it at the moment. Going underground isnt an option because I have other kids with my dh and it isnt fair to them. I also wont be made into a criminal because running with your kids does just that. We are in the process however of suing the therapist who made the recommendation to the judge he live there because we found out she lied under oath & have filed a motion with the courts to bring my son home.
    My main issue is just the way he consistantly bad mouths, hurts & ruins any thing we do for my son while he is in my care. I know the judge is going to reverse her decision, she isnt an idiot. It just took time for me to get the proof I needed. Thanks for the support though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jan. 1, 2009