What is the best baby positioner for newborns?

I know to place a newborn on thier back to sleep--- but I am also looking for one of those positioners... what is the best one on the market and why?

newmamanew2town

Asked by newmamanew2town at 9:31 AM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never used one. They are not recommended because the baby can suffocate on them. Most newborns won't really move once place on their back anyway. I think the only reason to use one is if your baby has really bad refulx and you want to have her sleeping on an incline. In that case you would want a wedge. Otherwise she should be fine just on her back with out one.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:48 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• there's the triangle ones..they don't go up over the arm pit and they have ventilation on the sides they work well, i used one!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• They're really only necesary if your baby has a very severe case of GERD. They're a SIDS risk.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 9:56 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I never used one...but all three of mine slept on their tummies.

The positioners I've seen are designed to keep babies on their sides...and that is no longer recommended.

In all honestly...just get a cheap on that you can either clean or replace easily....the baby WILL spit up on it at some point and you don't want a ton of money going down the drain.....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:52 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I did what they did at the hosp and used two rolled up blankets just to her sides.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I found one at JCPenny's that was slightly elevated (which helps with spit up), the sides velcro to it (which is kinda a pain once my son figured out he could push hard enough to pull it off & roll of of the wedge), BUT it has a little battery operated thing in one of the sides that plays a heartbeat sound! That was wonderful for getting him to sleep in his own bed for longer periods.
    CrystalMayrand

Answer by CrystalMayrand at 11:50 AM on Jan. 1, 2009