Why are some so lucky?

i would love my exes life. He is nice looking, always gets his way, never has been dumped, his life is perfect. He left for another woman, and i 'm sure she has a perfect life too. She has a good job, is tall, thin, very good in sports .Does anyone else have a perfect life and how does it feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• LOL, they don't have a perfect life because he isn't perfect. Look what he did.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 9:49 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• No one is perfect. Looks & a good job dont mean someone is perfect. If he has relationship issues which it seems he does then he has problems.

Answer by gemgem at 9:50 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• i have a perfect life. its wonderful. you should try it sometime ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• First off, let me say, that I'm not perfect but my life is getting better. It got better because of the years I spent in counseling, bad decisions I made and the hard work I put into being honest and secure within myself. My middle aged years and life are finally improving.

No one is all good or all bad. Clothes and work doesn't define a person's character or morals.

Food for thought: Could your own insecurities or need for approval be chasing people away? Most men who run from relationships fear intimacy.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 10:11 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Are you kidding? Nobody has a perfect life.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 10:38 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• If you are unhappy about yourself, then everyone else's life is going to seem perfect by comparison. You have the ability to change whatever it is about yourself that makes you feel inferior--via weight loss/plastic surgery, higher education, better job, material things, etc.

I suggest writing down all of the things you LOVE about yourself, and then make a list of all the things you DON'T like about yourself. Of the latter list pick ONE thing to change/improve. When you accomplish that goal, then pick another, and before you know it, you'll be "perfect!"

If you need help doing this, then I recommend a counselor that specializes in "insight therapy." They can often help you figure out the root of your problems.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:18 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• My life is perfect the way it is, because I have have my hubby and my baby girl in it, and that is all I need for it to be "perfect"
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• (Sandra's answer is very touching, good for you, Sandra.) I'm not sure there is a life without problems or flaws. I'd think that having lots of money would go a long way to helping, but I don't have that problem. LOL! Even those whose lives seem perfect likely have some problems that others may not know about. My life isn't perfect by any means, yet I am reasonably happy. Some problems at my job of 24 years right now- due to administrative changes, not the economy. I'd say that we need to examine the good things in our lives and be grateful and happy about them, and to deal with the bad things.

Answer by Bmat at 12:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• They don't have a perfect life. If I were the "new woman" I would be terrified about when he was going to leave me for the next girl to come along. It sounds like he treats women like they are disposable and that is no way to live and it will catch up with him someday.

My life is going pretty good, but it hasn't always been that way. I went through a time with infertility and drugs and where I thought my life was going no where...it is so hard to be young. I finished college, finally had my child, fell back in love with my high school sweetheart, and now we both have jobs that (even though they're not "glamorous" I'm in education, he drafts electrical work) have allowed us to breathe and buy our house and do a lot of the things we want to do. It is good to look back and see that work paid off.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• No one has a perfect life. I'm very happy - but our lives are far from perfect. Sometimes being happy is appreciating what you have and stop looking at everyone elses life. If you looked at our life you would see we had a house fire last year, our daughter has a rare vascular tumor... we've had our fair share of stress, expenses and life challenges. BUT that said - we are deliriously happy married, we are handling what comes out way and you make the best of it. We came out ahead in our insurance claim, our house is nicer then before, I am very actively involved in my daughters treatment and research. You can't have someone elses life - you just have to make the best out of what you do have.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2009