Gentlemen?

I was reading another question about something else, and it got me to thinking. Is your husband a gentleman? Be honest about it and anon if you want. I have been married 5 years and my husband opens doors for me(car and any other) holds my hand in public and private, and for some reason walks closer to the traffic, he says its the right thing to do(his mom told him that).So is he and how?

Kat122

Asked by Kat122 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My DH is the same way and I love it!! He always opens doors for me, holds my hand all the time, walks closer to the traffic when we are walking somewhere together...all kinds of things. REAL gentlemen DO still exist!! Looks like you and I are lucky because we both found one! =)

Dark_Princess_2

Answer by Dark_Princess_2 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Yes. My husband is a gentleman. He opens doors for me & other women when we are out. He pulls out my chair for dinner, and just was raised that way. He is a good ole fashioned southern gentleman.

Answer by gemgem at 10:18 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• my hubby doesn't open doors for me but he holds my hand is protective of me. We were down at bike week this summer and at the fair and stuff and he won't let go of me. i think he's scared someones gonna take me haha :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• No, My DH doesn't do the opening the doors stuff. But he has been their threw the tough times. When I was ill,vary ill for a year. I think that is more important then opening a door for me, When I can do it myself. Doing thing I can't do when I am down and out is a gentleman in my book.

Answer by louise2 at 10:25 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• no definately not a gentleman.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 10:40 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Yes, my husband is a perfect gentleman...the king of chivalry! He even knows which fork to use in a fancy restaurant! LOL!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:04 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• My husband is a gentleman when he wants to be but that isn't most of the time. He knows what to do but doesn't have the interest in doing it.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 11:12 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• he stopped opening doors and stuff when we were dating. he still holds my hand in public sometimes. not much at home.
    weaveress

Answer by weaveress at 12:35 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Yep in fact my hubby gets kinda mad when I forget to let him open the doors- it turned into this cute little thing where I would start to open my car door and he would shut it and then open it and help me out. He still opens doors carries things for me holds my hand pulls my chair out for me in restraunt... Of course he is still a man right as I was typing this he let one rip right in front of me LMAO.... oh the irony.... I love him.
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• He used to be, but not any more. Before we had kids and for the first couple of years after he always opened doors for me, including the car door, always held my hand, would get things for me, help me in the kitchen without being asked...all sorts of things.

We've been married 9 years (next week) and together for 9 1/2 years and now if I ask him to help me with something he throws a fit like I'm asking him to slit his own wrists or something. We never hold hands and last time I waited for him to open the door for me he gave me a weird look and asked if my arms were broken.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2009