Topical stitches bleeding.

I'm not sure what to make of this. My 2yo cut her finger pretty bad a few days ago. The fat was showing. The doctor didn't use needle and thread stitches, but topical stitches. He said they may come off in a few days. Well, it's been since Tuesday. The stitches came off, and her finger was bleeding. The biggest part of it has healed together, but there is still a piece of it hanging. She's not in pain. She's in a great mood and the bleeding stopped. Should I just leave it? I called the doctor, there is no answer.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 16, 2011 in Kids' Health

• If there is still a sizeable gap(one that you think is too big) you can always go in, but they may not be able to do anything as it has already started to heal. She will most likely end up with a scar(that will fade as she gets older) but as long as it's not still bleeding or showing the fat still she is probably fine.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2011

• It sounds like it's probably fine, but if you have any doubts go ahead and take her in.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 8:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2011