I GIVE UP

I dont know what to do! My 2 1/2 yr old will not listen all he does is scream he wont talk and now he wont eat. I am fed up. I am about to break what do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• First CAlm WAYYYYYYYYYYYY down
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 10:20 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• umm, call nanny 911?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I am calm I just dont know what to do with him.
    Anonymous

• Now, he is 2. Have you ever heard of terrible 2's, well this is it, so don't flip out.If you calm down, chances are, he will do that too. Just sit down close too him, don't say a word and let him get it out, then distract him with something else. He will eat when he is hungry. Make sure he isn't sick,tho.This is part of their growing up
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• You take a breather then count to ten. Once you do that then you pick up a couple parenting books with ideas on how to cope and how to handle the terrible twos. You can do things like say you wont help unless he uses his words. You can use time out. You can do alot of things like that. He is 2 1/2 and they go through phases and it is because unlike a nice quiet newborn they are figuring out they are seperate ppl from you & dad and trying to push their limits. Its all very common behavior. You should also pick up a book on early childhood development its helpful.

Answer by gemgem at 10:23 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Calm down. I learned you have to do the same thing every time he doesn't want to eat I would save it and she would have to eat it when she is hungry and if they are really hungry they will eat it. Good eating gets her a healthy snack before bed time to. Now for the screaming what i did was just set her in her bed and told her that screaming is not aloud when she wants to stop she could come out. She would chase after me throwing herself on the floor and kicking... you just repeat it and keep it up until they get the point. good luck i know how hard it is you just cant cave and it does get better.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 10:24 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Oh and he beats up on his little sister. She is 1. He just wont do anything I tell him to do. I ask him to not hit and he just keeps hitting I ask him to eat he throws it on the floor. I ask him not to touch something he picks it up and throws it too. When he wants something he just screams he wont talk to me and tell me. I have tried he WONT talk and it is getting on my nerves. The only thing that drives me CRAZY about kids is the screaming for NO reason. I can handle it if there is a reason.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Oh and when she would stop and started doing good i ALWAYS made sure i told her how proud i was and shes such a good girl.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 10:27 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Now, it gets better, then worse then better, etc. Sometimes you feel like you are losing your mind. Sometimes you feel like you want to shake them til they stop, or pull your hair out. Is there anywhere you can put him when he starts acting like that. Don't worry about the screaming, he will stop when he realizes you arent giving in to him. Start counting to 10 each time so you won't get mad, cause them little buggers can make you mad. Its a one day at a time thing and figuring out what will work will be the hardest part. Good luck and if you need to talk to me, I will be here.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Aww, sweetie, don't give up. You have whats called a strong willed child. Just remembering a few common sense areas will help you deal with these issues. First, remember that you can never make another human eat, sleep or eliminate. They have to want to do these things. But also remember who is the adult here. The one thing a young child infatically needs and truly wants is for life to be under control and not making him the center of the earth so that he becomes king. He's too young for that and has no clue how to rule correctly. Next, I would be sure and only offer 3 good meals a day. The human body does not need snacks. That's an american falacy.

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:27 AM on Jan. 1, 2009