i am very curious about...............

i know that you take it in pill form, but do you start as soon as your period starts or what? how long do you take it for? how long does it take to work?
just asking i am kinda curious about all these drugs and how they work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• What drugs? Am I just missing something?
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 10:45 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• POSTER.........
    ops im sorry i was wanting to know about CLOMID
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• yes, i came to this question also..and was very confused on what drugs she was referring too?
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Oh sorry, I don't have any experience with it.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 10:52 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I don't know anything about Clomid, I was only told one thing and that was that you can have mutiples with this drug! Thats all I know... sorry..
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Your period is day one of your cycle. Most doctors advise days 3-7 or 5-9. Only take for 5 days. It tricks your body into making more ovulation inducing hormones by "hiding" yours. It will work that cycle if its going to work. People are put on gradually larger doses if it doesn't work. It starts at 50, 100, 150. I've never heard of anyone going over 150....
    Hendrix07

Answer by Hendrix07 at 11:22 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I mean, it will make you ovulate, but you won't nesecarly concieve that cycle. They only up your dose if you don't ovulate, not just because you don't concieve.
    Hendrix07

Answer by Hendrix07 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• With clomid they like to give it to you on day 5-9. Well thats what my doctor did anyhow. The crapy part is you have to go in the 1-5day of you period and get and internal ultra sound to chekc for cysts. I was on it a year soo it sucked getting probed every period. They were about to switch me to something else because I wasnt ovulating very often and when I did I would get a big cyst and they would have to stop it. Some weman it kicks their body in gear after the fist month but other is could take a few months. the last time I took clomid was in the begaining of October I was up to 3 pills aday (day 5-9 of my cycle).
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 1:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I was on it day 5-9 a few years ago (didn't work for me) and was taking 300mg a day. The chance of multiples is very slight. Less than 1% higher than without meds. (Injectibles are much higher!). Metformin kicked in my cycles the first month, that was after 6 months of clomid. But I have PCO's, so my situation is different. GOOD LUCK!
    misterri

Answer by misterri at 3:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I took three rounds of Clomid on cycle days 3-7. I didn't get side effects on the 50mg, but when we moved up to the 100mg I felt the hot flashes. On cycle days 12, 13, and 14 I would go in for ultrasounds and then, if the follicles were big enough, I would give myself the hCG trigger shot to release the eggs because I couldn't ovulate on my own. We had no luck with three cycles, we still have three left, but I wanted to take a break for a while to work off the extra weight I had put on from the hormones, plus to give myself some time... the hCG Trigger and the Clomid together made me vomit! =/
    Also, most women associate Clomid with multiples, but all of the women I know who have taken Clomid with success only conceived with one child. Clomid has a 7% twin rate according to the Clomid information packet.
    We plan to start our last three rounds of Clomid in March, but accompanied with the hCG Trigger and IUI procedures.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 4:47 PM on Jan. 1, 2009