Advice?

Can I give advice to a friend (who has not asked for it) but is making bad choices with her money then coming to me to help bail her out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• give the advice when she ask for it. or bring it up in a convo, ask her what she spends her money on and then say something like, do you want my advice, or can i give you a piece of advice. that way your not forcing your views of her spending her money in a negative way. and she may or may not hear what you say but you can't force her to take it either. i would stop giving her money in the process though, lol
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• If you are financially bailing her out, heck yeah! You're fixing her financial mistakes. I'd tell her sorry, I'm not bailing you out anymore. You need to fix your financial problems, if you'd like some advice, I'd be happy to help you that way, but I can't give you any more money!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I don't know if I would advise it. How do you think she would react? You have the choice to help her you don't have to if you don't want to. If she wants advice she will ask you. Maybe showing tough love (no more money) would be the best "advice" you can give her!
    pbjmoore

Answer by pbjmoore at 4:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• you shouldnt help her out...honestly

people never stop getting themselves into MONEY problems if they always have someone to rely on...
    Anonymous

• Not sure if anyone will read this but I am babysitting for her, so I kind of feel that if she didn't make the choices shez made, I wouldnt be babysitting for so many hours
    Anonymous