when will i start getting milk

im a lil over 33 weeks prego when do i expect to have milk?

amrb

Asked by amrb at 11:15 AM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Uh, the milk doesn't usually "come in" until a couple days after the baby is born. Although, I was leaky with colostrum months before the baby was due. =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I was leaking when I was pregnant with my first baby when I was only four months pregnant. It all depends on your hormones. With my second I started to leak when I was almost due and with my third I didn't start leaking or get my milk in until a couple of days after I had the baby. It is all different. Don't worry and it will come with patience. I'm glad that you are chosing breast feeding though :)
    leekim2004

Answer by leekim2004 at 11:27 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• You only leak colostrum, your milk doesn't come in til AFTER the baby is born. Maybe two or three days.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• The delivery of the placenta after birth triggers the hormones that creat milk - so after birth 2-5 days for most women .
    Leaking colostrum during pregnancy does not happen for all women , either way it's normal and has no bearing on breatfeeding after the child is born.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• im 5 moths pregnant and i have started producing milk its normal feel free to ask me questions
    mom2b23869

Answer by mom2b23869 at 1:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• It's not milk, it's colostrum .
    Anonymous

• it can BE milk and not colostrum i started leaking atual milk (confirmed by my dr) like 2 months ago.... so at like 6 1/2 months.

it is possible, so those of you that say it isnt youre not right.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:55 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• It varies a lot, but the great majority of women don't get milk until a few days after delivering. I didn't have anything come until I needed it, and that was colostrum for the first few days!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2009