Have you read the I Ching?

I started reading it, actually I've only read the intros and am about to read the how to understand the I Ching section. It's quite confusing so far because a lot of terms, like "gua" and whatnot, are yet undefined. Do you think it's a good idea to start with this book? I have The Tao Of Pooh as well, should I start with that book instead?

jellyphish

Asked by jellyphish at 11:55 AM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yup, I have. Got it on my bookshelf. You'll find that with most books in that general subject area, you won't be able to just read right through like other books.... you'll have to stop and think about it a while before moving on.

But no worries... it'll sink in.

I haven't read the Tao of Pooh... so can't help with suggestions there, sorry.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• the Tao of Pooh is adorable! :) I have it and "Pooh and the Great Philosophers"
    Anonymous

• The Te of Piglet is pretty good too!

thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 12:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Pooh and the Great Philosophers is great. I especially like the Nietzshe section. As for the I Ching, take notes. It gets a lot less confusing as you go along.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:04 AM on Jan. 3, 2009