labor?

Ok so I have been feeling period like cramps all day. they started out kind of irregular but are coming about every 15 or 20 minutes now. It isnt really painful. Just uncomfortable and mildly annoying. Could this be actual labor starting off mildly or is it more than likely just braxton hicks. I'm not exactly sure how far along I am. My due date is august 27th but i might be a month farther along than that. the doctors have no way to tell for sure. This is my first baby so I'm not sure what it will feel like in the beginning of labor. thanks

stephmiester87

Asked by stephmiester87 at 4:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it would mostly like be braxton hicks, only because of your due date. it's getting your body ready for the actually thing. it could also be cramping from dehydration so try to drink plenty of water and stay cool.
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• When the pain starts taking your breath away or it interrupts your every day activities, then you will know you are in labor.
    jaschem

Answer by jaschem at 4:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• well, first of all---go drink 2 large glasses of water. Seriously. That's the first thing they'll do if you go to the hosp is to hook you up to an iv and rush liquids into your system to rule out dehydration.

after that--keep track of them. Whenyou get to the 5-6 min range start timing them......other than that--just let you doc know what's going on. Call them--that's what they're there for!
    jsks826

Answer by jsks826 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• It sounds like it is probably braxton hicks. Especially if the pain has not gotten worse throughout the day. Just keep an eye on things. If the pain grows worse over time and the contractions get to be about five minutes apart and continue that way, then call your doctor. Real labor contractions are pretty regular and get stronger and more regular over time. They wont stop and the pain wont lessen. Good luck!
    nwdscw

Answer by nwdscw at 9:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I am experiencing them now, it's braxton hicks. The labor pains hurt more and get closer and closer
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jul. 16, 2008