Is there something over the counter to cure my daughters exema?

mommyofone32408

Asked by mommyofone32408 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Two of my kids have eczema and Aveeno for sensitive skin seems to work great. There ARE times when it's really super dry outside and they've had too many baths that they break out really bad. The doctor has given us an ointment for when it gets like that.

We use Aveeno bath and lotion.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I'd try Aveeno or Cetaphil
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• If you have not tried the following try this. My son has had severe eczema since he was 2 months old. In the begingin we used Aveeno oat meal baths when he took a bath and we used Aveeno creams. Another thing that worked well was vaseline and cetaphil also helped.

If the skin looks like it is infected the you can try using an antibacterial cream. I did find that my son liked using petroleum jelly type products over cream based products.

If you want to send me a message I can tell you what we have done over the year. My son is now 11 and he is mostly under control with the eczema. He still had break outs, but not to bad.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Cure? No. Ease.. YES. Aveeno, Cetaphil, Baby aquaphor (from te makers of Eucerin, Eucerin, and/or sometimes the doctor can prescribe something like hydracortozone.... I wouldn't advise the use of Johnson's, Baby Magic or anything else with fragrance...
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 12:29 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• The Aveeno oatmeal creams are awesome and Aquaphor for the bad break outs. It is made by Eucerin and you should be able to find either in the baby section at your grocery store.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2009