I have NO desire to clean house. Advise, please?

Can someone please tell me what to do.? And I mean, I really do not do it. I need help. No motivation, no energy. Help!!!!

haroldswife

Asked by haroldswife at 12:33 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I can't really clean the house all at once either. It gets to be too much. I like to do one room at a time. There usually isn't a rush to get the house clean so I do it at my comfort level. I use to get really stressed but my health conditions stop me in my tracks when I over do it. Yep, I've got a mild case of OCD going on. I just have to remind myself that it's okay " Not to be perfect anymore". Things changed after I had my son and a husband and dog to look after. The house is never really clean any more. It drives me crazy but I live with it.
    AlohaWahine

Answer by AlohaWahine at 1:08 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• When I get into those moods I start with just one room. I start with the room that is the least messy. I only work on that room till it's clean. Then I move to the next one. If you try and run around the house doing 10 things at once then you get frustrated and tired. Pick a room. Clean it. Move on. After you get one room clean....take a break....get on the computer for say 10 min, or step outside. Once you get a room or two clean it will motivate you to clean the rest of the house.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Maybe you are due for a physical exam to rule out anemia or other reasons that you are tired. You didn't mention what is going on in your life, but I know when I was working too many hours that I was tired all the time and let a lot of chores slide. If you are healthy (although I suspect there is something wrong if you have no energy) and not overworking, then maybe the house has gotten out of control. Pick a room for each day and attack that room for a morning or an afternoon or evening. Or assign a day for each task- vacuuming, washing floors, cleaning bathrooms. Take care of papers as soon as they come into the house- the mail, newspapers, receipts, etc. Have company over- that always motivates me to clean. But first of all, find out why you are so tired. Please post back with a follow-up?

Answer by Bmat at 12:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• well if it is really bad it can be so overwhelming u just get stuck(been there when my mom died) so I had a dear friend offer to come help me. then I just picked 1 thing a day to do and if I felt like it more. Setting a realistic goal is so important because u feel good when u finish it. even if it is just dishes, or one floor, or one counter top-u will start to see results and feel better. depression makes me not want to clean too-good luck sweetie.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:02 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Take your time on it. House work is under rated if you ask me. I've only been a SAHM for over 2 yrs. and I feel like I'm working harder now than when I had a job. It is a job that is usually not appreciated by the family. But I feel as long as I feel good about what I did than that's all that matters. My hubby does help me once in awhile because I just can't do it all any more. Just try to get organized. One step at a time. Yes, I agree with the others get a physical and make sure it's not your health that's causing all this tiredness. There is just too much going on in your life. You're stressed. I'm here for you. Take Care & God Bless. L
    Loves, Paulette

AlohaWahine

Answer by AlohaWahine at 1:09 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• love you sign

AlohaWahine

• Just try to break it down into smaller, more manageable jobs over the course of a week or two rather than trying to do it all in one day; that's what works for me.
    Anonymous

• I sent my husband to get me Coffee and YES i am pregnant.BUT i love my coffee and it gets me motivated. I have been putting things off for so long now :/ My mil and sil will be her the 24th and im having my baby the 26th AHHH i have been really lazy lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 2:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2009