when u were pregnant did u still cook, clean, and go to work? am i able to push the couch out of the way to vaccum and pick up toys from under it?

this is for while u were pregnant

jacobsmommy122

Asked by jacobsmommy122 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, absolutely. Pregnancy is not a disability unless the doctor gives you certain rules to follow due to being high risk. I did everything I normally did when I wasn't pregnant. I would think most moms would continue life as usual unless like I said there were complication.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I quite work a week after I found out I was prego (DH didn't want me to work and either did I lol), I did cook, and I still did most of the cleaning (DH didn't want me too, so I had to clean when he was at work lol), but anything I thought might be too hard I would wait for him to get home and do, and if I got really tired I would wait and let him either help me or let him do it.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:50 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Yep , I worked too , lifted hundreds of pounds of people everyday in the nursing home . It's safe if youve been doing it all along .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• do not do any big lifting, and take breaks when u feel winded or tired. the lifted adds stress to lower bck which is alreay stressed from the added weight/growing of baby.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:50 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I did everything like that until I got put on a weight restriction. lol. He just told me to be careful, when i got tired to rest, if i felt any pain to rest, and not to move anything heavy that i never have before.

I sitll cook and clean and i went to school for the semester (taking spring off since ill be having a baby) but i no longer move furniture. I did until I got put on my restriction though.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• sorry...the cleaning is fine, unless doc says not to because of an issue. I am not allowed to be onmy feet for more than an hour at a time so it is frustrating and this info is from my doc's.good luck and have someone help-u deserve it!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I'm on "rest" so no. I am home with two kids and trying to rest.. hah. I looked at my doctor like he was insane. We actually have someone else come clean 2 times a month since my husband is already taking up a LOT of extra work around the house. He does the straightening, a lot of cooking and child care when he is home. I do small stuff.. like I sit on the floor and load the washer and dryer. hehe. I've had a few hormonal nights crying to him that I feel so useless and he's so amazing. Pregnancy is a mind job! As for you -- you can maintain activity levels your body is used to as a general rule of thumb, but don't take on new physical work without talking to your doctor.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I did with my my first 2 pregnancies but the other 2 I was put on modified bed rest (I went into labor at 5 months) so I wan't allowed to even lift a laundry basket.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Yes! I worked at a labor intensive job, chased a 3 year old around, and still cooked and cleaned. you can do almost anything that you did b/4 you were pregnant!
    the1youluv2hate

Answer by the1youluv2hate at 1:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I did everything that i normally do. From working in the produce dept lifting 50 pound boxes of product to cleaning the house and shoveling. I agree pregnancy is not a disability you have to listen to your body and if you're tired or in pain stop what you're doing and take it easy for awhile. Some days where harder than others at work but someone was usually around to help. For the most part people were impressed that i worked up until 2 days of my scheduled c-section.
    paula405

Answer by paula405 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 1, 2009