What to get a 3 year old for her birthday

My daughter is turning 3 soon and I have no idea what to get her! Is she too young for barbies? She loves her Minnie Mouse and babydolls, but she doesn't ever play by herself. Is that normal or am I getting her the wrong toys? What should I do? Lol

waterlily118

Asked by waterlily118 at 1:33 AM on Sep. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• DD will be 3 in just over a week, she already has 3 barbies. I get the cheapest ones because they have the least amount, if any small parts. This birthday she is getting sports stuff for the yard. We love outdoors so I fully support her being and athlete like her dad and I. Just ask her simple questions and look at what catches her attention during tv time. Also, this is a great age to start going to the toy store with her and not buying anything for her. We did it with my nephews and now with my DD, they pick up quickly that not all trips are for them and what trip is to show mommy what you like. It's fun, we get lunch too.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 1:50 AM on Sep. 17, 2011

• Learning toys are good they help with playing alone because they talk. There are leap frogs toys for her age group they come in all thier favorite characters. They keep them busy for sure even if only for a half hour
    emmy12345

Answer by emmy12345 at 1:52 AM on Sep. 17, 2011

• Target has the best flash cards for a dollar a pack!!
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 1:56 AM on Sep. 17, 2011

• Paints, play dough, and those Crayola books that come with paints and markers--(The kids can write anywhere but the colors only show up in the book.). If you are afraid of the mess, put a vinyl tablecloth on the floor to catch the mess.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 2:17 AM on Sep. 17, 2011

• I actually got my daughter a kitchen barbie with little cooking items....she loves intricate things....I also got her the play doh mega factory at target...it's battery operated and has a little conveyor belt...she LOVES it!!!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:30 AM on Sep. 17, 2011

• How about some things to go with the dolls?
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 5:17 AM on Sep. 17, 2011

• I think she'll really like the babries. She's not really into the talking toys, I know she'll love the play dough, and she has all the baby accessories lol. Taking her to a toy store is a really good idea, too. Thanks :)
    waterlily118

Comment by waterlily118 (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Sep. 17, 2011

• Role play is big with that age so I'd say play dishes.. a kitchen.. a playhhpuse was my from bog treat at tbree
    ijsmomma

Answer by ijsmomma at 4:39 AM on Sep. 18, 2011