• In the Spotlight:

I just got my 6 month old daughter out of bed...she has this "bump" on her chest.. it looks alot like a pimple, it the sise of a ball on a ballpoint pen, shes never had this before?

please let me know what you think ... im worried!

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 1:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its probably a little pimple?

let it be dont pick at it wait and see if it gets a white tip on it later or whatever im sure its no big deal.
    Anonymous

• It is likely a clogged pore. Lerave it alone. Keep an eye on it. If it developes a red ring around it it could be a spider bite. Just keep it clean and watch it. If it still there in a few days and it concerns you have her seen.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:50 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• First child? It's prob just a baby pimple. It's nothing to worry about :)
    the1youluv2hate

Answer by the1youluv2hate at 2:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• yes she is my first child lol
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 2:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Do you have any animals? Fleas-I am not attacking, my cat just got them and they are in the house. I am not sure if the bump on my son are bites or just bumps.
    ConnorsMommy521

Answer by ConnorsMommy521 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• no we dont have any animals never have.....
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 2:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Keep an eye on it, However at six months old they develop allergies. My son still getts them scattered on his back. One here one there! These are hives. It can be caused from soap or anything with purfumes. I thought my son was getting bit by a spider or something. The best thing to do is watch it for changes or if it spreads. Make sure there isn't a fever and he'll be fine. Hiss skin is being exposed to so many new things. I know its scary but tottally normal.
    AlyConMom

Answer by AlyConMom at 3:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2009