oily hair....

lately my hair has been looking really oily. any suggestions on how to make it not look that way?? && btw i do wash my hair every other day

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• It may be your shampoo or conditioner. The wrong kind for your hair type or just too much conditioner will do that. Although for me..anything from Pantene gives me the greasy hair.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:48 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Shampoo everyday, Condition every other day =)
    Stephie_momof_2

Answer by Stephie_momof_2 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Use a clarifying shampoo once a week yo remove buildup. Try bumble and bumbles sunday shampoo. If its too oily use baby powder or a dry shampoo to get rid of it. Also remember everything we eat comes out our pores, so if your eatting crappy theres a HUGE possibility thats why your hairs oily. If you need more help lemme know, im a hair stylist/makeup artist. :)
    MissMamaAshley

Answer by MissMamaAshley at 11:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• The oilyness of my hair is definately linked to the shampoo and conditioner you are using.

I used to be able to wash once every second day and then it was more like every 36 hours.

I have recently switched to shampoo and conditioner by Arbonne and I really like how my hair looks. It is not oily and even though it is wavy it doesn't look dry either.

Let me know if you would like more information about it.

I like all the Arbonne products so much that I became a Consultant.

AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 3:08 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I know it sounds weird but depending on the color of your hair you can put a little bit of baby powder in it.. I do this if my hair is oily that second day (it really isn't good for your hair to wash every day) and I need to wear it down. If its black, I wouldn;t do it though.. or like a dark red color. If its a lighter color it should work good, just put it in your hands and rub them together and then rub through your scalp.
    IlovemyNicholas

Answer by IlovemyNicholas at 9:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• MissMamaAshley : What hair products do you recommend for the clarifying shampoo? and the dry shampoo? my hair is oily too and I'm going nuts! plus I dyed it and wonder if it will fadre the color too?

Adja70

Answer by Adja70 at 5:45 AM on Jan. 3, 2009