Does anyone know of any places for lease who work with credit issues(ex.recent broken lease/evictions)

Does anyone know of any places for lease who work with credit issues(ex.recent broken lease/evictions)I am a single mom with triplets and the place we are at is really crowded and we need our own space,and a fresh start as well as a reliable vehicle...Any advice appreciated!!!

MomOfTriplets08

Asked by MomOfTriplets08 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• I always suggest looking in the newspaper. Find property for rent that is by a private owner. Normally, if they are not going through a property management company then they do not do credit checks. You also have the opportunity to talk with them about your situation. If you go to a larger company/apartments then they don't care what your situation is if you have bad credit.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Well I know of places here where I live. There are a lot of apartment complexes here where you can only live there if your income is UNDER a certain amount, and I don't think credit is an issue with them. It's called Heather Glen Apartments. I think they might just be a Florida thing. Idk, try looking around for income based places, it might help.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Try to find a place from a private owner, as opposed to a apartment/townhome complex. Look in the newspaper or Craigslist. Goodluck.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Im looking for the same. But most places now(management companies) want your credit to be spotless in order for you to rent from them. But there are certain compaines out there where you pay a fee and they will send you a listing of places that don't do credit checks. Im alittle cautious about thoses for there are many scam artist out there and don't feel comfortable with people using my bank info. But like many of the OP said here check out craigslist to see what you can find and then explain to them your issue. Good Luck
    Anonymous