Protein baby food alternatives?

My daughter is nearly 11 months old and is eating a lot of table foods. I just have a hard time getting finding things high in protein for her to eat, so she does the stage 3 dinners. We don't eat a lot of meat, but she won't eat tofu or beans. She can't really eat the chicken sticks things that Gerber makes because they fall apart so easily. I have never tried refried beans but the high fat content concerns me.

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We're vegeatarian and I give my son the Earth's Best rice and lentils. He's 11 months too but he is very picky and hates textures. That is one he can put down easily. It's a stage 2 but it has protein.
    I've been meaning to try eggs but I've been warned about giving egg whites to early and I have no idea how to prepare yolk in anything.
    His doctor recommended cheese but I haven't tried that yet either. Yogurt is good too. Oh, there's no need to worry about fat content in infants at this stage. They need lot's of fat. Avocado is a great fatty protein sorce that is wonderful for babies. It's just a pain to make fresh every time unless they can eat the whole thing. Surprisingly, my baby loves it.
    I'd love to know what you have success with. It's a concern for me too.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 2:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• PROTEIN IN LEGUMES: Garbanzo beans, Kidney beans, Lentils, Lima beans, Navy beans, Soybeans, Split peas

PROTEIN IN GRAINS: Barley, Brown rice, Buckwheat, Millet, Oatmeal, Rye, Wheat germ, Wheat, hard red, Wild rice

VEGETABLE PROTEIN: Artichokes, Beets, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Green peas, Green pepper, Kale, Lettuce, Mushrooms, Mustard green, Onions, Potatoes, Spinach, Tomatoes, Turnip greens, Watercress, Yams, Zucchini

PROTEIN IN FRUITS: Apple, Banana, Cantaloupe, Grape, Grapefruit, Honeydew melon, Orange, Papaya, Peach, Pear, Pineapple, Strawberry, Tangerine, Watermelon

PROTEIN IN NUTS AND SEEDS: Almonds, Cashews, Filberts, Hemp Seeds, Peanuts, Pumpkin seeds, Sesame seeds, Sunflower seeds, Walnuts (black)
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 1:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• have you tried eggs? my daughter hates them, but maybe yours will like them =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Actually, no, we haven't tried eggs. Thanks.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Quinoa - it's the healthiest grain you can serve anyone and my children love it - Incredibly healthy. YOu can eat it in salads, by itself cooked in stock or add it to soup. (Pronounced Keenwah if you have to ask for it.
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 5:03 AM on Jan. 9, 2009