I am sorry, I meant the classes to learn how to breath well (I don't know how people call it over here)

Wende407

Asked by Wende407 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Lamaze classes?
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 2:06 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Yes, she means lamaze classes.

I never took them. Your ob will have all the information on this that you need- She will even reccomend a center for you.
    Good Luck, Welcome to the US and congratulations!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:09 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Lamaze , its really only helpful if you plan on not have an epidural.
    Alorasmommy

Answer by Alorasmommy at 2:09 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• My doctor told me to sign up for the classes at about 34-36 weeks. The classes offered in my area have the lamaze (the brithing part) class and the new born care class (how to take care of that new bundle) all in the same time so i dont have to sign up for two different classes and pay two different fees. Ask your Dr's office about any classes they might know of. Or you could even contact a hospital and see if they know of classes around the area. Good Luck =)
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 2:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I disagree Lamaze was a life saver for me. I wound up with an emergency c-section, and yes I did have pain meds once. I'm an old fart this was before epidurals. I was in active labor 32 hours. I helped a lot to learn to not fight the pain. The more you tense up and hold your breath the worse it hurts. Funny thing. Myself and my husband have used Lamaze breathing after serious accidents. He had a bad bike accident and had road rash over 90% of his body. In the 2 hours it took for us to find him and get him to the ER he says the Lamaze kept him from freaking out. I used it after a serious car accident.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2009