21weeks pregnant

So i don't know if this is normal but my baby is kinda low today and she is moving around alot but the thing is every min or two i keep getting sharp pain right above my pelvic area. It's really sharp but it only hurts for a second. Has this happen or happening to you or do i need to talk to my dr?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• She is probably pressing on a sensitive area. My daughter used to move her head and it hurt so badly. You can try laying down to take the pressure off.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:11 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Yes this happened to me around 19-20 weeks. When I went to the Dr. they checked for an infection & also to make sure the pain wasnt contractions. But all that was wrong was that i was slightly dehydrated & it was causing bladder irritation. That could be a possiblity. However it could be an infection, check with your Dr. at your next appt. to make sure.
    Good Luck
    Mrs.Hopeful

Answer by Mrs.Hopeful at 2:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I've had this with both my first pregnancy and this one. Try changing your positions and maybe it will encourage the baby to move also. That sometimes works for me. I would definately mention it to your doctor, to rule out any other problems, but its probably just the baby wiggling around. My first baby sat on a nerve towards the end of the pregnancy and refused to move. I couldn't walk for a few days because of the pain. Hopefully this one will be a little more generous. :)
    Anonymous