Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if i used H&Rblock for a tax advance loan

do i have to use them to do my tax refund or can i just pay them back and go elsewhere for my refund?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (5)
  • A tax advance loan is your refund. They take a certain amount away from your refund. You don't have to use them for your taxes. You can do them with turbo tax, submit online and not pay all their crazy fees.

    Answer by JennRN09 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

  • Why would you want to take out a loan on your tax refund? That is losing money. File as soon as you can electronically and you will get the check pretty quickly without paying the interest on the loan.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

  • those are rip offs

    Answer by babycakes254 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

  • If you get a "loan" on your refund and use all the money and your refund turns out to be less than the loan, you own them the difference. This happened to a friend of mine. Don't do it.

    If you file electronically in Jan / Feb you get your refund within a week direct deposited to your account.  You don't have to wait until April to file, that's just the deadline.  You can file anytime from Jan 1 on.


    Answer by Madge1428 at 8:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

  • depends what's in the contract.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.