Monster In Law!!!

My MIL got in another huge fight...again while we have been visiting in England for the holidays. Today she came up to me and called me a slut for getting pregnant at 17, then said to my fiancee that he needs to get a fraternity test because she doesn't believe that he can be the father of our one year old daughter. That made me so mad and my fiancee as well. He told her no because he knew he was her father and he didn't need some test to tell him that he was. She also gets mad when me and him flirt hug and kiss each other, of course this is the woman that her and her husband only had sex once in there life and sleep in different rooms and she is his slave he is the kind of man that sees women as a piece of meat and they except there son to be the same way. She has also told us that the WOMAN takes care of the baby and the daddy shouldn't CONT'D BELOW

HollyRose

Asked by HollyRose at 2:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• I answered your other post and I still feel the same. It is about what your fiance thinks. She is in a perpetual time machine where the woman is subservient to the man. There is no way that you are ever going to make peace with her b/c you are who you are ( a loving mother and soon to be wife) and she is who she is (a prisoner of "her time") You and your fiance have found peace with each other and that is all that matters. As for your monster in law, just let her have her beliefs and know that if anything you should feel sorry for her b/c she never found the love that you and your fiance share. Envy really is a green eyed monster.

micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 4:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• and gets mad whenever toni plays with our daughter and feeds her changes diaper the usual stuff. She has also told him I'm not good enough for him which really made him mad and he told her sorry thats not your choice. I felt bad though because he told me this was the first time his mom and him had really ever gotten in several fights. What can we do to make peace with his mom and dad before we get married in June 2009?
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 2:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I don't think a fraternity test will help you. LOL
    Be thankful you don't have to live near her and move on with your day. She obviously comes from a different culture. You cannot change that.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 2:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• wow i dunno what you can do if they aren't happy about the two of you your gonna have to give it time and see if she changes her ways! best of luck and congrats
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• omg lol not fraternity sorry guys blonde moment
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 2:56 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• PATERNITY!!! lol
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 2:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• She may never come around to liking you, and that is just fine. As long as your husband loves you and takes your side over hers, you can deal with the infrequent times you many have to see her.

Good Luck!
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 3:00 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I wouldnt even try and make the peace. And fraternity is a college thing, u probably meant paternity lol. I would tell her to kiss my ass.

Answer by gemgem at 3:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Just kiss her off, write her and her husband out of your life, and forget they ever existed. And you mentioned she lives in England. If you live in the United States, you can avoid seeing her after your marriage by saying it costs too much to travel so far. If your hubby wants to see his parents he can go alone. They do not deserve to see you or your children. (They don't think the kids are their son's remember, so they have no need to see them.) They sound like a pair of evil old bats your family is better off without.
    Anonymous

• i had a problem like this with my kids fathers mother, she told him he should get a dna test because our first was a girl (as was our second) but with our first she said "Warren's dont have girls first so he better get a test" I ended up having to sit her down (with him by myside) and i told her straight up neither him nor i had any doubt the baby was his however if SHE needed the test to know it was her grandbaby then fine we would do that and she would not be allowed to see the baby because we felt it would be best if the child not be around a grandmother who had any doubts to whether or not it was her grandchild, mind she was adiment that his best female friends son was his and kept telling him to get a test when him and her NEVER had sex (well not until after we split up lol)
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 5:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2009