My son is sick ALL the time!

Ok,my youngest son is 2 1/2 and he seems to get sick about every 2 months or so. He doesnt just get a little sick,he ends up so sick we have to go to the ER! He has had at least 15 ear infections numerous sore throats problems with his tonsils and his adnoids. As of right now we are fighting out second bout of glossitus(sp). And when things spike again he doesn't just get a low grade fever,we end up with atleast 104-105. I take him to the Dr all the time. His ped really cant give me an answer and every dr at numerous hospitals all just kinda shrug me off and tell me to let things run its course.
Im calling another children hospital Monday morn to get him in bit Im so frustrated i'm not sure what to do.Has anyone ever had any problems like this or know of anyone? i will keep taking him to diff Drs till I get an answer but any advice will really help

Jakesmom0609

Asked by Jakesmom0609 at 6:16 PM on Sep. 17, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I think that you are making the right choice by consulting with another doctor. Fever, ear infections, sore throats all are bacterial infections right? maybe there is something else going on with his body and its just trying to fight it all off?? Good luck mama
    JNLmomme09

Answer by JNLmomme09 at 6:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2011

• You need to see an ENT. It would probably do a world of good to have his tonsils & adenoids out, and probably tubes in his ears.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2011

• I agree with JNLmomee09
    BOOGIETHEBOOG

Answer by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 6:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2011

• ((((((((HUGS))))))))))) to you and your ds and the rest of the family!

Well, just start with the basics. Does he eat well/ get enough rest? Does he seem to have seasonal allergies or allergies to anything at all? Does he take vitamins?
    I agree that looking for an ENT or at very least another doc is the best idea. I hope you get the answers you are looking for. Good luck!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2011

• I think you need to see a specialist and talk about having tubes put in his ears and possibly having his adenoids & tonsils removed. I'm actually surprised his doctor hasn't suggested that already.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 7:14 PM on Sep. 17, 2011

• Maybe it's time to see a specialist?
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 1:46 AM on Sep. 18, 2011

• I agree with fp my son's both get ear infections and so do I and we also get high fevers with them and usually we get an antibiotic and ear drops but if he is getting sick so frequently I would consult a ENT doctor and get other opinions
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:07 AM on Sep. 18, 2011

• Wow...it does seem like your child has a suppressed immune system - and too many antibiotics can clog the kidneys and keep the immune system suppressed. I would get another doctor's opinion and I would give your child plenty of fluids and Vitamin C and B! Look for a really good multi-vitamin as well!! Good luck with this .... hope there is light at the tunnel with this and his health turns around for the better soon!! Prayers for you!!!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 10:58 AM on Sep. 18, 2011

• I agree with everyone else. See an ENT and see if he is a good candidate for tubes. My oldest daughter had a severe ear infection every month until she was 18 months old. At that age, we tubed her and she never had another one.
    Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 12:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2011

• I was thinking the same thing as Isismoon3. I also agree with seeing a ENT. I had similar problem as a child(but I was older around 10) and I had to get my tonsils out and tubes in my ears.

I would ask about getting his immune system evaluated.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2011